Pocket Ecosystem Proposals (PEPs) include proposals to distribute funds to or form agreements with Contributors to the Pocket Network ecosystem, in the form of:
- Imbursements – payments for future work
- Reimbursements – compensation for previous work
- Bounties – rewards for work that don’t yet have specified workers
- Transfers – transferring funds between DAO-owned accounts
- Agreements – formal understandings of Contributor relationships, including non-financial in nature
To begin with, PEP votes will last 7 days and pass with Majority Approval. We will then transition to using Conviction Voting for more dynamic approval of payments. See the Constitution for more details.
Submit your PEP here.
You will need the following details for your proposal:
- Summary: Layman-friendly 2 sentence description.
- Related Proposals: PEPs that your proposal fulfills or which involve related payments.
- Abstract: ~200 word description of the endowment being made or relationship being formed.
- Motivation: Explain why the endowment/relationship is worthwhile. How will it benefit the Pocket Network ecosystem? What is the expected ROI?
- Budget: Outline in detail how the funds will be deployed. All funds must be accounted for or your proposal will not be permissible.
- Rationale: Justify budgetary decisions and/or the reasoning behind the relationship. Where relevant, acknowledge alternate budget options (e.g. cheaper tools/specifications) that were considered and explain why they were discarded. If it exists, state the next-best cheaper alternative you would be willing to accept if your current proposal is viewed by the community to be too expensive.
- Dissenting Opinions: Acknowledge all opinions which disagree with the rationale of this proposal.
- Deliverable(s): Define each measurable outcome that will result from the endowment/relationship, highlighting key results, deadlines, and milestones.
- Contributor(s): Provide details of the contributor(s) who will produce the above deliverables. How are they qualified? Who is the lead that will take responsibility for the success of each deliverable, i.e. the achievement of key results within their deadlines?
The DAO earns continuous revenue in the form of 10% of the Block Reward, i.e. 10% of the POKT minted every time a block is successfully validated in the Pocket Network blockchain. This is proportional to the number of relays being processed for developers, which means the more traction Pocket Network gets, the more wealthy the DAO becomes!
Updated 3 days ago